Sunday, April 24, 2016

Sneak Peek!

So as you know, I just got back from the Stampin' UP! convention-like gathering called On Stage Live, and I was fortunate to come home with some brand new stamps that will be coming your way on June 1.  So how about a little Sneak Peek?

The first set I've been playing with is called Painter's Pallet; here's my first card:

A mix of old and new (yes, I DO have the new In Colors and I was tempted to play with them, but because this is a shaker card, I didn't have sequins to go with them) to create this colorful shaker.

I started with a Pacific Point base (4-1/4" x 11") and ran the front of the card through my Big Shot with the Large Polka Dot embossing folder (which I realize you can't see in this photo, but trust me, the polka dots are there!).

It was a little tricky lining up the new Layering Squares Framelits dies to make the perfect opening in 4 layers of paper, but here is what I did:

1.  Stamped the easel from the stamp set using Chocolate Chip ink.  Fussy cut the outside, and used the Layering Squares for the inside.
2.  I lined up where I wanted my easel to be on the striped In Color Envelope Paper and cut again
3.  I adhered my envelope paper to a layer of Cucumber Crush and cut again
4.  I placed that (temporarily) on my card base and - yes - cut again!


Then I stamped the inside.

Finally I added a piece of Window Sheet to the back of my envelope paper layer and used --be still my heart--Foam Adhesive Strips (coming soon!), added my Bights Sequins, and adhered another layer of Window Sheet, creating my shaker box.

Then I popped up the whole layer on my card front, just in the right place to be able to see the sentiment through the window.

And I finished with (another new item) a little Cucumber Crush Thick Bakers Twine.

So there you have it...your first Sneak Peek at some of the wonderful goodies coming your way in a few short weeks.  In the meantime, don't forget to order anything you just can't live without from the Retiring List or the Occasions Catalog--these items will disappear as supplies run out!

Be sure to come back tomorrow when I have another card for you using the same Painter's Pallet set in an entirely different way!

Thanks for stopping by!

Current supplies can be purchased here.


No comments: