Monday, April 25, 2016

Sneak Peek #2

I'm enjoying my new stamp set, Painter's Pallet, coming in the new Annual Catalog to be released June 1, and shared one sample yesterday.

Today I have another card to show you, one inspired by a sample on the display board at On Stage Live, Stampin' UP!'s convention.  This very simple card went together in just a few minutes, but I love the way it turned out!

My card base is Real Red, cut 4-1/4" x 11" and scored at 5-1/2".

I inked up my Writing Notes background stamp using Tempting Turquoise ink.  But before stamping it, I used a Blender Pen to remove the ink from the vertical lines and then colored them with a Real Red Stampin' Write Marker.  After a "huff", I stamped onto Whisper White cardstock.  It came out perfect!

This was adhered at an angle on my card base, and the corners that hung over were snipped off with Paper Snips.

Then I stamped my sentiment with Basic Black ink and added a little heart punched with the Owl Punch (which happily is NOT retiring this year!).

The only "embellishment" is the little thumbtack (I actually bought this set because of THAT!  Call me crazy!), which I stamped in Real Red ink, fussy cut and popped up on a piece of Dimensional.

Love it!

Reminder:  the Retired List is out, and items are disappearing.  If there is something you NEED, be sure to order now! 

Current products can be ordered here

No comments: