Wednesday, April 27, 2016

CASEing from Swaps

Have you heard the term CASE?  In the stampin' world, CASE means to Copy And Share Everything, Copy And Steal Everything, or Copy And Selectively Edit...I like to think of it as inspiration!  Looking at someone else's cards can get the creative juices flowing; sometimes we just copy what they have done, but for me, it's fun to take my card to the next level.

This month I ran out of time to do everything I needed to do.  Between working, traveling and creating swap cards for Stampin' UP!s convention, I wasn't able to make up my Card Club samples until the last minute.  I needed help!

So I turned to the swaps I received at convention and found two that I liked.  Today I'll share one, and the resulting card that we made for Card Club.

This pretty card was given to me by Jeanna S. Cable.  I had all the makings for this card, but then I got a little carried away, and created this:

I readily admit that I don't like my grapes--Jeanna used a sponge dauber to color hers, and I tried it--too heavy.  So my club attendees used Blender Pens, and theirs came out much prettier.  However I liked the other elements to my card.

The 2" Very Vanilla tag was stamped with Hardwood and Sahara Sand ink.  We then punched the top with the Ornate Tag Topper Punch and sponged more Sahara Sand ink around the edges.  Market Fresh (the grapes) was stamped using Basic Black ink; we inked up the stamp again, and stamped just the top part onto more Sahara Sand--this was just for the sentiment, which was fussy cut and sponged.

 I ran the piece of Mossy Meadow through the Big Shot with the Brick Wall Embossing folder and adhered that and the piece of plaid Farmers Market Designer Series Paper to a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of cardstock (to add a little heft).  I then added a piece of Burlap Ribbon (sadly retiring) with fringed edges, and adhered the layer to a Crumb Cake base.

Some Mossy Ribbon Stitched Satin Ribbon and Crumb Cake Seam Binding Ribbon were threaded through the hole in the tag, and tied together with a small piece of Venetian Lace Ribbon.  The tag was then popped up on Dimensionals.

Side by Side:

Thanks, Jeanna, for the inspiration!  Great card!

Products can be purchased here




No comments: