Monday, February 8, 2016

"CASE-ing" the Catalog

Do you know what CASE is?  In our stampin' world, we CASE cards designed by others when we see something we like.  CASE stands for Copy And Share Everything.

I've been admiring a card in the Occasions Catalog since it came out.  I had purchased all the supplies and got ready to re-create it for my grandson.  And then something happened!  I realized that I had used the designer series paper for my January card clubs and only had one piece left!  Uh-oh...need to be very careful.  This is the card I wanted to make (the one with the star, on the left):



I was trying so hard to get that yellow background right.

And I blew it!

Yes, I miscalculated my trimming and made it too small...ARGH!

So back to the drawing board.

I had another piece of the Going Places Designer Series Paper Stack, so I ended up doing something different:


When you CASE a card, it doesn't always mean you copy it exactly.  In this case the layout was nearly identical, but there are subtle differences.  Can you spot them?


First, I stamped my Very Vanilla base using the constellation stamp from Going Global and using Delightful Dijon ink.  Then I cut my black constellation DSP and added it to my card front.

Using my Stars Framelits in two sizes, I cut the star from the DSP I was originally trying to use (that's called making lemonade out of lemons!) and I popped it up on thin strips of Dimensionals over a piece of (retired) Black Glimmer Paper.

The stamp was inked with Archival Basic Black ink; once stamped it was punched using the 1" circle punch.  And there's a time strip of Silver Glimmer Paper with notched ends (Banner punch).

I added a few stars from the Brights Sequin Assortment, using the Fine Tip Glue Pen.  Then, with some matching DSP on my envelope (and another star cut from the same DSP on front) I was ready to send this to my grandson.

Try a CASE - and then add your own ideas to make it an entirely new card!

All products can be purchased here.


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments: