Thursday, February 4, 2016

A Sketch Challenge with Two FREE Stamps Sets


Do you ever get in a rut and all your cards start looking the same?  Feel like you could use a boost?  Have you ever tried a sketch challenge?

 I was perusing some websites that I like to follow and found this cute sketch on the Watercooler Wednesday site.



This one got me thinking about some of the wonderful designer series papers that are currently available and I came up with this card:

 I love the soft and subtle colors in Birthday Bouquet Designer Series Paper.  The lovely Blushing Bride and Mint Macaron shades pair beautifully.  And I pretty much let the paper do the talking!

My base is Mint Macaron, cut to 5-1/4" x 10-1/2".  Next comes a piece of striped Birthday Bouquet.  The balloon and ice cream cone images are 2" squares and mounted onto coordinating cardstock cut just a tad larger.

Now for the stamping.  I pulled out two of my new FREE Sale-a-Bration sets, starting with Hello.  How did I get that "hello" in two colors? I couldn't decide which color to use...so I used both!  I inked up the stamp in Blushing Bride and then used my Mint Macaron marker (with the brush side) to draw stripes; I "huffed" on it and stamped...Voila!

And see that balloon?  That's from another FREE Sale-a-Bration set, Honeycomb Happiness.  I stamped it in Mint Macaron and colored it with an Aquapainter and some re-inker, then fussy-cut it.

Everything I used is listed below--but don't delay if you want Hello!  It's only available until February 15, when a few more Sale-a-Bration items will make an appearance.

Now go use this sketch and see what pretty cards you can make!

All products can be purchased here.



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

6 comments:

Heidi Weaver said...

Wow, Priscilla! I love your card. What a happy selection of DSP you've used and the perfect sentiment, too. The Mint Macaron and Blushing Bride work beautifully together. I'll have to remember that. Great choice. It sure doesn't look as if you're in a rut. Thanks so much for joining us this week for our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

Stampin' Amigos said...

Thank you Heidi, and thanks for the wonderful inspiration of your sketch! I enjoyed playing along.

Jackie said...

Priscilla, Love that Two tone "hello". Great way to translate indecision into a beautiful outcome!

Stampin' Amigos said...

Well thank you, Jackie! Yes, it was total indecision, and I came up with something new (for me, anyway). I was really pleased with the results.

Marsha Reed said...

Very pretty card, Priscilla! Thanks for joining us this week at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge. Marsha DT @ WWC

Heather Hopson said...

A really Pretty card. I love that dsp too! Nicely done