Sunday, November 9, 2014

Gift Decorating

I love to give pretty presents.  I tend to purchase all kinds of wrapping paper (LOVE double sided wrapping paper!), ribbon and gift bags.  I also like to create my own wrappings.

A recent Paper Pumpkin offering (and one of my favorites) came with gift bags to decorate.  I ended up buying the refill kits (as a Paper Pumpkin subscriber, you have access to refill kits for purchase), so now I have a whole bunch of craft "shopping bags" to play with. 

I pulled one of these out when celebrating a birthday.  Look:


Using the Gold Fancy Foil Designer Vellum, I created a pocket on the outside of the bag.   This was decorated using Four Feathers, Borderettes, Burlap Ribbon (LOVE!), Blackberry Bliss Stitched Satin Ribbon, and the Autumn Wooden Elements



But wait!  There's more!

Because the vellum is "see through" I needed a fun card to go inside:


Using the File Tab Edgelits, I cut a piece of Naturals White cardstock, and stamped "Cheers!" from And Many More on the tab.  Then I made a mask (just used a rectangle die in the center of a piece of cardstock, placed the negative space of the mask over my card), and took my Aquapainter to scribble ink across the center (Hello Honey, Tangelo Twist and Mossy Meadow).  Then I stamped "it's your birthday" from Big News right over the color wash.


Once the card is inserted into the pocket, the color shows through, and the tab makes it easy to pull out.

Gotta go make some more bags! 

All supplies can be ordered here.

What have you created today?


No comments: