Thursday, November 6, 2014

Lovely as A Tree

Lovely As A Tree--an oldy but forever goody!  This favorite stamp set has been around as long as I've been a Stampin' UP! demonstrator (8 years!) and is still a best seller. 

The simplicity of this card is wonderful...but don't let it fool you.  Creating it took a little time, but it was well worth the effort.  I saw the idea on Stampin' Connection (a private website for Stampin' UP! demonstrators) and decided to give it a go.

I used the 1" square punch to make Mossy Meadow, Tangelo Twist and Hello Honey squares. These were temporarily adhered to a scrap paper on my desk so I could stamp the maple leaf from Lovely As A Tree, using Early Espresso ink

I then took the squares and arranged them on a piece of Whisper White, and added two Candy Dots from the Brights collection (they are actually the Tangerine Tango dots, but went well with the Tangelo Twist).  This was adhered (with Dimensionals) to a piece of Hello Honey which had gone through the Big Shot with the Honeycomb embossing folder.

The card base is Mossy Meadow, and there's one more layer of Tangelo Twist in the middle.

I finished it off with a sentiment from Holiday Invitation--the actual stamp says "Give Thanks" but I cropped it just for the "thanks", stamped in Mossy Meadow.
The colors and maple leaf make this a perfect fall card.

Don't have Lovely As A Tree yet?  What are you waiting for?

All supplies can be ordered here.


What did you create today?


No comments: