Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Throwback Tuesday

I keep hearing bloggers and others talking about "throwback" days, and decided to made today a Throwback post.  I recently dug out an older card, made with a wonderful retired stamp set (I bet many of you already own this one), and realized it had been made before I began blogging.  So here's to the old:





One of my favorite retired sets is French Foliage.  It is such a beautiful group of leaves, perfect for this time of year.  I'm so sorry it's gone (but so glad I kept it!), but a similar look could be done using either For All Things, or Fall Fest (which even has matching Framelits--yippee!  no fussy-cutting).  Better yet, try using Designer Series Paper cut with the Autumn Accents Bigz die--this would be stunning!





Once each leaf was stamped and cut out, I dabbed it in Versamark Ink, and sprinkled it with Clear Embossing Powder.  After heat setting, the process created leaves with a little more heft, and they could easily be adhered to the front of my card using Dimensionals.

But wait!   There's more! 
Look behind the leaves--I had taken a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock and stamped the leaves all over it.  Then I placed a piece of Cardstock Vellum on top (adhering under where the leaves will be placed on top), to create a lovely see-through effect.

I may just have to pull out this old technique and create a new card using current products...what do you think?

Let's get creating!

No comments: