Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Stampin' UP Leadership Conference

I just returned from the annual Stampin' UP Leadership Conference.  This year it was held in Houston, Texas.  I always look forward to this "beginning of the year" get-together of Stampin' UP's leaders, as it is a creative boost in the arm as well as motivates me to help my customers a have a great stampin' experience!  I get a super bag, free stamps (I won a Prize Patrol!) and see sneak peeks of new products (yippee skippee!).  I'll share lots of great stuff over the next few days...but first, a card.

This year I joined an organized swap, where 16 fellow demonstrators each created a card using a stamp set from the new Occasions Catalog (have you seen it yet?).  I chose "Just Sayin'".  I love the matching framelits!  There were many rules for this swap, but the quality of cards I received were great...I'll share another day.

Here was my swap (which, by the way, was well-received!):
I love Bermuda Bay and Basic Black, so this was my theme.   The new Kaleidoscope Designer Series Paper is so fun!--full of great patterns and also uses Bermuda Bay and Basic Black.  The card is 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" (standard size) in Basic Black.  My first layer is 4" x 5-1/4" of Bermuda Bay.  I used the Postage Stamp punch to create 12 Basic Black bases, and either embossed them or adhered Kaleidoscope paper using a 1" punch.  The sentiment was stamped using Staz-On Black, fussy cut, and then mounted on a black piece cut with the matching framelit and popped up with Dimensionals.  A Bermuda Bay bow was added with a Glimmer Brad. 

What do you think?  A great way to showcase our new paper, AND use a new set!

I'll share more of the swaps I received over the next few days...as well as some of the sneak peeks!

Let's get creating!

No comments: