Sunday, January 26, 2014

A Card in a Box

As mentioned last week, my mom is recuperating from a broken hip (fortunately a "minor" break, if there is such a thing) and she is doing very well.  But she's 3000 miles away, so I had to send her some love.

This "card" fit into a slightly oversized envelope (which I made with my Envelope Punch Board!--gotta get one of these!).

I'm sure when my mom got this, she wasn't quite sure what it was...but wait for it:
Look what happens when you pick it up!  The beautiful "card in a box" opens up, and is ready for display.
It's actually quite easy to make, and once the box is put together, I just decorated with hand-snipped flowers.  So beautiful.

The back panel has space to write a note.
Such a lovely way to send special thoughts, and a "card" which the recipient will be happy to display.

I'll be including some instructions in the next few days; I made another one of these and will feature it with the directions, so stay tuned!  And if you're in the Davis, CA area, I'll be including this card in a special card class in April--this will be our Mother's Day card.  Watch for class information.

Let's get creating!

No comments: