Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Simple Scoring

Want to see a really cool, easy, fast and sophisticated technique that will take your cards to the "next level"?

Check out the score lines on this card:


 When your entire focus of the card fits into a small section, add some score lines above and below.  This draws the eye towards your focal point, and takes up a little of the blank space without detracting from what you want to say.


I started with a piece of Basic White cardstock, 3-3/4" x 5".  I knew what stamps I was going to use and laid them out on my paper (not yet stamping them).  This just gave me an idea of how much room I needed to take up.


Then I flipped my cardstock upside down and used my paper trimmer to score at 1/8" intervals at the top, (1/2" from the top) and at 1/4" intervals from the bottom (1/2" from the bottom).  When I turned my cardstock right-side-up, the lines were popped out.

The greeting is from a new stamp set, Happy Little Things, that will be available on March 4th through the OnLine Exclusives.  I used my Misty to line up the inside "CELEBRATE" and stamped it with Lost Lagoon.  Then I lined up the outline, and stamped it with Pretty Peacock.

My little cake is from Hooray for Surprises.  I used my Stampin' Write markers to color the top with Calypso Coral, the middle with Melon Mambo, and the cake stand with Pretty Peacock.  Then I used the coordinating dies to cut it out.


The little candle/flame was stamped directly on the cardstock and the cake was popped up on Dimensionals.  The background DSP is from the Hello Irresistible paper pack.  

So the next time you need to take up a little space on your card front, try scoring it!


Sale-a-Bration is nearly over - just two more days to catch some FREE stamps, paper, accessories and even Stampin' Write markers with every $50 purchase.  Don't lose out!


Product List

2 comments:

Ceresa said...

Priscilla, this is a great card. Thank you for sharing the simple instructions. Looks like a Clean and Simple card. I save all of these.
Love you, Ceresa

Priscilla said...

Thank you, Ceresa! It truly is a "clean and simple" card, which I sometimes have a hard time making (I seem to like more layers and bling! haha). Glad I can add to your collection of saved ideas!