Monday, February 26, 2024

Oops, I Did It Again!

 Lately I've been finding scraps on my desk that I find new purposes for.  Take this card:


See that cute black frame?  That was actually a left-over piece after I cut Basic Black cardstock with the Perennial Postage dies (the largest one).  I had carefully centered it on my piece of cardstock, so it left this perfect little frame.

So when I needed a few thank you cards for customers it seemed like just the right accent for my card.


And those little flowers?  Die-cuts from the Simply Zinnia dies - coming to the OnLine Exclusives on March 4th!  These are the little "extra" dies that don't coordinate with the stamps in the Simply Zinnia set, but they are as cute as can be!  

How did I make that background?  

It's a piece of 3-7/8" x 5-1/4" Basic White cardstock.  First I stamped the greeting from Sweetly Scripted (another sneak peek of a stamp coming March 4th!), then I ran the cardstock through my Cut and Emboss machine with the Basics embossing folder.  BUT I stopped it after embossing about 2/3 of the sheet and backed it out, leaving the stamped area "un-embossed".  Doesn't the Black & White Gingham ribbon make the perfect compliment to this sweet card?


Two versions with the two types of flower blossoms included in the die set.  L.O.V.E.!

Watch for the beautiful Simply Zinnia suite of products (stamps, dies, embossing folder, DSP and sequins are all included), coming March 4th!





Product List

No comments: