Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Soda-Lightful!

Have you seen the new Simply Sparkling stamp set/bundle?  It was on my wish list as soon as I saw a preview that it was coming.  Why?  I couldn't tell you.  But there was something about this set that made me giggle.

Take a look and tell me you don't feel a giggle coming on:


Lemon-lime soda anyone?  

So what do I love about this set?  The soda can with dies that cut it out, along with a cute embossed top WITH A POP TOP!     Eek, so cute!  The straw!  All of the fruits (I only used two - the lemon/lime stamp and the citrus half, but there are three others so you can make all kinds of sodas!).  And then there are the puns...who doesn't love a good pun?


Since I wanted to make a citrus-y soda (because I was using the Sweet Citrus Hybrid Embossing Folder for the background) so I started with a watercolor wash of Granny Apple Green and Daffodil Delight.  Once dry, I heat-embossed the soda can with White, and cut it out with the coordinating die.  

Sneak Peek alert:  Do you see the White background?  I cut it with the Perennial Postage dies that will be making an appearance in the upcoming January - April 2024 Mini Catalog!  A ton of dies that cut out postage-stamp-type rectangles in MANY sizes!  

And check out that cute greeting!  LOVE!


Some Silver Foil for the lid (and that pop top!) and bottom of the can was easy using the included dies.

And I just stamped and colored the fruit using Stampin' Blends, and then cutting them out.



I'm already thinking about my next Simply Sparkling card - it's so much fun!

Simply Sparkling is available via the OnLine Exclusives; why not visit and see what else is there?  



Product List

No comments: