Thursday, September 28, 2023

Just Stamps, Ink and Paper (Well Almost)

 I've got an easy card today, one that I created for beginners.  One of the ways I like to teach first-time stampers is to show them how easy it can be to just use stamps, ink and paper.  This card started out that way, and then I added just a few "extras". 


I started with a 3-1/4" x 4-1/2" piece of Very Vanilla cardstock and stamped the leaf image (the greeting is part of the stamp) using Cajun Craze ink.  I then ran it through my Stampin' Cut & Emboss machine with the now-retired Subtle embossing folder for just a hint of texture.  


This piece was adhered to a Thick Very Vanilla base.

I then cut some Cajun Craze cardstock with two of the Stitched Rectangle dies, placing the smaller one inside the larger and running them through the Cut & Emboss at the same time to create a frame.  This was then embossed with the Basics 3D embossing folder.


Using Foam Adhesive Strips, the frame was popped up on the card front, and a few Brushed Metallic Adhesive-Backed Dots were added for embellishment.


This is such a pretty card, and so easy!  Even beginners will get to feeling good about their first card!  But it's also sophisticated enough for experienced crafters, don't you think?



Product List

No comments: