Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Lots of Dies

 Have you heard about Stampin' UP!'s Seasonal Sale?  


Going on now, you can save 10-20% off cardstock (10%), ink pads (15%) and dies from the Annual Catalog (20%)!  

I love dies!  They can add so much to a card.  So I was playing last night and pulled out a number of my dies to create this:


 Three sets of dies and one stamp set - all it took to make this oversized card (5-1/4" x 5-1/4").  

I started with a piece of Shimmery White card stock, cutting the seahorse right into the paper.  The beauty of this die is that you can "release" the seahorse by snipping a few places of attachment, or, as I did, you can leave it attached to your base and just pop up the fin, the tail and the "mane".  

Once cut, I laid the die over the cut-out and used my Blending Brushes to create the background.  This kept the seahorse white (the die was acting as a mask).  


I used Pool Party, Coastal Cabana and Bermuda Bay inks along the top 3/4 of the card, but added some Sahara Sand along the bottom to mimic an underwater scene.  And although difficult to see, I stamped some "sand" with a stamp from Friends are Like Seashells, using Sahara Sand ink.

And then there are those seashells!   So beautiful - Pearlescent paper embossed with the Seashells embossing folder and then cut with the Seaside Seashells dies. 


But I needed some sea grass.  So back to my die box again, and this time I pulled out the Smooth Sailing dies.  The Granny Apple Green grasses were perfect!


Then one more visit to the Sea Life dies for the coral and the little fish.  


If you know me, you know I love anything "beach-y" and this card fit the bill!  I "love it to the beach and back!"

Don't miss out on great discounts, 3 days only!  Stock up on cardstock, ink and dies!  



Product List

No comments: