Saturday, November 6, 2021

"Knitting" Sweaters

 No, I haven't changed my hobby.  I'm still a paper crafter.  But when I saw the Knit Together background stamp and the Sweater Knit dies, I knew I would start "knitting".

My mom was a fabulous knitter.  She could knit anything - sweaters, socks, scarves, mittens, etc.  And she was fast!  She would turn out near-perfect fisherman-knit sweaters in no time.  I say "near perfect" because she always knit in a "mistake" on purpose.  She would add an extra cable stitch, or change a "knit" to a "purl", always unobtrusive, but always clear to her--she would make sure she could identify her work.

Here is a sweater she knit for my son when he was 2 years old, way back in the early 1980's:


But I don't knit.  I know how, but I am not fast, and don't enjoy it.  Until...


O.M.G.!  How much fun did I have making a paper sweater?  


The Knit Together stamp was inked with Real Red ink and stamped on Real Red cardstock, and then I used the Sweater Knit dies to create the pattern.  So fun!  

In fact, I couldn't stop:



Those reindeer!  And the snowflakes?  Cuteness overload!

But wait!  There's more:


In the spirit of my mom's sweater for little Evan, I inserted some of the trees left from the first card into the spaces on this one...


LOVE!

And then I needed a birthday card...I thought for a moment about another sweater card, but didn't want it to look like Christmas.  And then this happened:


Is that not the PERFECT man card?  And the greeting?  I masked the words "for a Merry Christmas" on the stamp from Best Year, and just got the "Warm Wishes"...just right for a birthday card.

So what do you think:


A lovely sweater collection?  I think so!


Product List

2 comments:

Ceresa said...

I didn't even consider this set. Now I will have to get it in my next order. Your cards are stunning.

Priscilla said...

Thanks so much, Ceresa! Once I started, I couldn't stop! :)