Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Got Paper Scraps?

If you're like me, you probably have an overflowing collection of paper scraps.  I tend to hoard my Designer Series Papers, and after cutting a piece I save every little bit of left-overs.  Does this sound familiar?

Well I saw a tip on Debbie Henderson's blog, and decided I could use it:


And this is what I made!  A starburst card!

This is so easy, it's almost embarrassing.  I took 4 pieces of 2" x 5" scraps (this is the Twinkle Twinkle Designer Series Paper) and cut them on the diagonal (place the short side at the top of your trimmer, and cut a diagonal from corner to corner).  Then simply flip over one of the pieces, and now you have 8 different patterns.

I used a piece of 4" x 5-1/4" cardstock (a coordinating color - here, Night of Navy), and starting in the center, line up two of your triangles, leaving a small space between the pieces.  The triangles will be larger than you need - that's fine; once adhered to your cardstock, simply turn over and trim off the "overhang".  Continue adding your triangles around the cardstock until all the base is covered.


Then it's time to add a simple label/sentiment.  I stamped mine from Incredible Like You ( a new set in the Occasions Catalog!) in Night of Navy ink, and cut it with the Foliage Frame Framelits.  I cut a second frame with the same die in Night of Navy, split it down the middle and spread it apart under the White one, for a little coordinating border.

See the Silver Metallic Thread?  And those stars are retired enamel shapes, but pulled together the papers and colors.

Here's another sample using the same technique but with Tranquil Textures DSP:


You can make amazing cards and they'll all be different.  Such fun!  


AND you get the added bonus of using up your DSP scraps; who doesn't want a clean craft room?  😏

Try the Starburst Technique; you'll love your results!


Product List

No comments: