Sunday, January 20, 2019

Cock-a-Doodle Birthday!

Have you seen this new Sale-a-Bration set, Home to Roost?  Not initially my cup of tea, it quickly grew on me when I saw the beautiful coloring of this little rooster.  So I had to order it when I had appropriate sales (Sale-a-Bration is the time year to earn FREE products with every $50 purchase!).

Take a look:


I saw a card by (I think) Kim Ransom and decided I could make it my own.  A Crumb Cake base with a layer of Cajun Craze started me off.  I embossed the Pear Pizzazz layer with the Hexagon embossing folder, and added a little left over (retired) Chicken Wire.

But the star of this show is that handsome rooster:


Stamped on Whisper White with Tuxedo Black, I masked him and stamped the reeds (or is that hay?).  Then I went to work with my Stampin' Blends to make him come alive.


The sentiment is split; it actually says "Enjoy the simple moments"; I added the rest of it to the inside of the card.

Before adding my layers I tied a knot with some of the Braided Linen Thread, carried over from the Holiday Catalog - YEA! - to add a little more texture.  

Can you say "Cock-a-doodle do"?

Home to Roost is one of the FREE Sale-a-Bration offerings.  Check it out in the catalog here.  

2 comments:

Denita said...

I love the colors that you used. Thank you for sharing

Sharon H said...

Very pretty, and I LOVE rooster and farm-related things so this speaks to me! Those "reeds" are supposed to be wheat stalks, before harvesting.