Sunday, December 2, 2018

Love Never Melts

My mom is 90 years old, and suffers from dementia.  Her memory is pretty much gone, although she'll tell you she can't live without her husband.  That's my 91-year old dad, who takes care of her.  They live in their home of 20 years on Cape Cod, Massachusetts.  And, unfortunately, all three of their children live in California.  Suffice it to say that we have hounded them for years to move to the west coast, but my dad is pretty stubborn.  So day after day, he gets up, makes her breakfast, does all the cooking, cleaning, marketing and tries to entertain her the best that he can.

I heard something about National Caregivers Day.  I looked it up, and it doesn't happen until February, but I made this card to honor my dad:


The name of the stamp set is Spirited Snowmen.  I think it fits my dad perfectly!  And isn't this image just as sweet as can be?  I think it captures my mom and dad, who have been married for 67 years, and are still together "in sickness and in health".

Just a few details:

The card base is Thick Whisper White.  The Designer Series Paper is from the Tranquil Textures pack.
The image was stamped in Tuxedo Black; I masked it and sponged the sky with Balmy Blue and Night of Navy inks after stamping and heat embossing the snowflakes.  I also stamped the snowmen "bottoms" on Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper and cut them out to fit the Glimmer Paper around them to look like snow.  And I colored the images with Stampin' Blends.


Ah, love...it never melts!

Product List

2 comments:

bonniemon said...

It's beautiful, Priscilla! And so appropriate. I just love it.

Priscilla said...

Thanks, Bonnie; he got it today and called (all "raspy" voiced) to tell me how much it meant to him. Glad I could do something to recognize all he's doing right now. :)