Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Beautiful Birthday

I've been so busy!  The past few weeks have been overwhelming with holiday preparations, classes and birthdays!  Yes, I said birthdays.  It just isn't right that people are born at this time of year...😂.  There is far too much to do, and then I have to make a birthday card!?!

But I found a beauty!  Tammy Beard, a Stampin' UP! demonstrator who has a blog that I occasionally visit, had a lovely template for a differently-folded card, and I decided to try it.  Take a look:



This unique fold really lets the gorgeous paper shine!

I had some Petal Promenade Designer Series Paper that I hadn't really used.  So THIS was the time!

Starting with a 5-1/2" x 12" piece, I scored it at 2", 4", 8" and 10".  The paper was folded on the 4", across the front, then back on the 2"; this was repeated on the other side, folding across the front on the 8" score line, and then back on the 10".


What gives the card the beautiful diamond pattern is trimming the corners off the top on each side (measure down to 2-3/4" along the edge and trim from that point to the score line (either the 2" or the 10").  Then flip the paper over and adhere the corner trimmings to the bottom (see the rose pattern on the bottom corners in the photo above?).



The rest is simple:  I used the lovely rose from Healing Hugs, stamped with Berry Burst ink (stamped off once so it is lighter) on Whisper White card stock.  This is stamped over with full-strength Fresh Fig, using a sentiment from the upcoming Humming Along (snack peek -- to be released on January 3rd).  It's cut with the Stitched Shapes Framelits, and layered on a piece of Fresh Fig card stock trimmed with the Layering Circles Framelits.

And inside?


Fresh Fig and Whisper White, stamped with a phrase from Beautiful You in Fresh Fig.

Such a pretty card!



Are you a paper-hoarder, like me?  This is a perfect way to use that beautiful paper and let the designs from both sides show.  The only question is, which side will be the outside?

Products used are listed below; click on a photo and go straight to my online store.

And don't forget to check out the Clearance Rack - new items were added today!

Product List

1 comment:

bonniemon said...

Wow! That's a beauty!!