Monday, September 10, 2018

Sea of Textures

Here's a cute shaker card I made but never shared:


I love anything "sea"-related, and this Sea of Textures set has it all - sea shells, seaweed, coral, an octapus, fishnet and textures!  How can you go wrong?

It was easy to create a "bottom of the sea" card when you have this great set!


Soft Suede was the base of this card; I took a slightly smaller piece (4" x 5-1/4") and ran it through the Seaside embossing folder and the Big Shot for a wavy pattern.  I also cut a hole in the center using the Layering Circles Framelits dies.


I cut a larger circle from Pool Party cardstock and stamped the sea grass using Tranquil Tide ink.  Then I cut out the seaweed using the Under the Sea framelits and adhered it.  Purchasing the stamps and the framelits in the bundle saves you 10% - woohoo!

And look at these fish:


Aren't they adorable?  It's one of the framelits, which I cut from Copper Foil Sheets, and individually adhered each little fish with some Multipurpose Glue.


A piece of Window Sheet was attached to the back of my top layer, under the circle.  Using Adhesive Foam Strips, I encircled the opening; I poured some Tranquil Textures Sprinkles on the Pool Party layer and then adhered my top.  

The octopus was stamped (Blushing Bride) and cut with the framelits, as was the coral (Tranquil Tide).  Hard to see, but there's a layer of fishnet under it all, also cut with the framelits.  


A Dazzling Diamonds starfish and sand dollar finish my card.

These products are all available now; click on a pic below and go directly to my online store.


Product List



2 comments:

Sue Heekin said...

Super cute!

Stampin' Amigos said...

Thanks, Sue; as I said, I love anything beach-related, so this set is perfect for me!