Sunday, September 30, 2018

Inspiration Sunday


There's lots of inspiration all around us.  I found this ad in a magazine, and instantly recognized the colors.  Can you tell what they are?


I saw Blueberry Bushel, Gorgeous Grape and Highland Heather, all new colors this year.  I thought it would be fun to use some of my new Christmas stamps and create a card using these non-traditional colors:


Dashing Deer was not on my original list to order.  But after seeing a few samples, I HAD to have it! And I'm so glad I got it; the coordinating Detailed Deer thinlits dies help make this set a stunner!


I added a 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" piece of Wood Textures Designer Series Paper to a base of Whisper White Thick cardstock.  


The detailed deer was stamped with Gorgeous Grape ink and cut with the thinlit.  The other two (Blueberry Bushel and Highland Heather) were cut using a "bonus" die--there is no stamp for these, but the die cuts a silhouette (so pretty!).


The sentiment is from Signs of Santa; it's stamped with Gorgeous Grape ink, cut with the Stitched Labels Framelits and mounted on a scalloped circle of Dazzling Diamonds paper.  


Snowflakes, also in Dazzling Diamonds, were cut using the Santa's Signpost Framelits Dies.

I love how these colors blend so nicely!  Even though the colors are not "Christmas-y" it still feels like it captures the spirit of the season, don't you think?  

Where do you find your inspiration?  Leave me a comment and I'll add them to my list of places to visit for ideas. 

Products used are listed below; ordering is easy when you click on a photo of the item and go directly to my online store.  

Product List


No comments: