Thursday, May 4, 2017

Thank You Gift - Sneak Peek!

As you may know, I have had a bit of a health issue over the past seven weeks.  What started as a very simple arthroscopic knee surgery, ballooned into a health scare when I developed a pulmonary embolus.  Then, due to the medication I needed to treat the clots, I had uncontrolled bleeding into my knee joint (surgical site), causing pain and turning me into an invalid!  Fortunately a temporary one!

During that time, a number of friends helped my husband out by bringing meals for us.  It was a life-saver for us (my husband is wonderful and since he is retired, has turned into an adequate cook, but "chef" he is NOT!  After so many meals of a piece of chicken or steak or hot dog with some carrot sticks and a piece of bread, I was destined to wither away if I didn't get some nourishment!)

There really is no way to re-pay these good folks for what they did for us, but I decided to make up some card packs to say thank you.  I'm going to share over the next few days, and here is the first:

A new suite of products will be introduced in the new annual catalog, coming June 1st.  The Delightful Daisy Suite includes stamps and a coordinating punch, along with Designer Series Paper, ribbon and Faceted Gems.  It's easy to put together beautiful cards in minutes.  Here are some samples:

Let the paper take center stage!  The beautiful Delightful Daisy Designer Series Paper is the focal point of this card.  The sentiment is from the Daisy Delight stamp set and is stamped in Old Olive ink.  The ribbon is also new: 3/8" Mini Chevron Ribbon in Old Olive--a dream to work with!

Stamping and punching the daisy makes a pretty statement layered over some strips of Designer Series Paper and a snippet of ribbon (new 1/4" Double Stitched Ribbon in Daffodil Delight).

A similar card with a Daisy in the spotlight.  Again some of the Designer Series Paper (stamped with the leaves) and a Faceted Gem in the center.

And finally:
A completely different take:  more of the Delightful Daisy stamps on a panel card.  This time in Peek-a-Boo Peach and Old Olive, and including a few of the retiring In Color Enamel Shapes.

I wrapped these cards with envelopes into a cello bag and added a stamped topper:

This will go to a colleague, who generously sent three Dream Dinners and some Costco meals (yum, Mac and Cheese--what a great comfort when you feel so awful!) when I was down for the count!


Thank goodness for friends!


Product List





2 comments:

Ceresa said...

Priscilla, these are beautiful. I'm so thankful you are on the mend. I know this has been a difficult journey for you. Prayers for your continued healing.

Stampin' Amigos said...

Thanks so much, Ceresa! On the mend, but still walking slowly, :)
But I AM able to reach my craft room, so that is progress--yippee! Thanks for the kind comment; looking forward to resuming our card classes this month.