Friday, May 12, 2017

Love and Sympathy

Sometimes you just need a good sympathy card.  That was last week for me, when the mom of a childhood friend passed away.  I wanted a beautiful, understated card, and I think that's what I got:

I don't usually create mostly white cards.  I always think the space should be filled, even though I love mostly white creations.  But this one was easy.

I began by stamping the flower image from Love and Sympathy (retired) onto watercolor paper.  I colored the stamp using new Berry Burst ink (the Stampin' Write marker) and Garden Green.  Before stamping, I spritzed the stamp with water.  The paper was then cut using a non-Stampin' UP! stitched rectangle die.

The card base is Thick Whisper White (cut 5-1/4" x 10-1/2"), and there's a layer of Berry Burst under the Watercolor paper main panel.  

The sentiment was also stamped using Berry Burst; this strip was placed on doubled-up Dimensionals to raise it above the panel with the flower.

The card is finished with some Perfect White Accents

Clean, simple, beautiful.


Product List

No comments: