Wednesday, May 21, 2014

A Special Anniversary

My parents are celebrating their 63rd wedding anniversary on Monday.  What?  Sixty-three years together as a married couple?  WOW!  And after having spent some time with them over the past 2 weeks, I know they are more in love today than they were 63 years ago.  It's so sweet to see...

So I made a special card for them, based on one I had seen on Stampin' Connection (a private website of fantastic ideas just for Stampin' UP demonstrators).  Look here:

Taking a piece of Whisper White textured cardstock, I cut it into a square, 5-1/2" x 5-1/2".  I then used the Window Frame Framelits, the middle-sized one, and my Big Shot and cut out the window in the center.  I also cut a piece using the Lattice Bigz Die, also with the textured card stock.  This was adhered to the back side of the window.

My card base is 5-3/4" x 11-1/2" (I used 12 x 12 paper), folded in half, on which is adhered a piece of the Watercolor Wonder Designer Series Paper.  I struggled with which side to use, as the other side had lovely Tangerine Tango and Daffodil Delight flowers, but it seemed too busy. 
My lattice/window piece was added with Dimensionals, so it looks like a window overlooking a sunrise.

Using the new trio punch (available 6/1!) I punched little flowers from Crushed Curry, Soft Sky and Island Indigo cardstock. 
 The Little Leaves sizzlet (now sold out and no longer available :(  ) cut some leaves from Pear Pizzazz.  These were all adhered with Mini Glue Dots to the side of the card.

I have the new Blendabilities alcohol markers, coming soon, and colored some Rhinestone Basic Jewels for the flower centers.  So pretty!

Finally a sentiment:  from Express Yourself (soon to be "vintage" when the catalog retires 6/1).  This was stamped on a small strip of Whisper White, using Island Indigo ink, and I used the Mosaic punch to create the ends (feed your paper in from the top of the punch--actually the bottom, but I hold my punch upside down so I can see the opening).  After adhering it with Dimensionals I added two plain rhinestones.





Now I was sure I had another piece of DSP to make my envelope and lo and behold!  I was out!  NOOOOO!  Fortunately I had another piece with coordinating colors, so this became my envelope (using the Envelope Punch Board--you gotta get one of these!). 

Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad!  Yours is a true love story, and you are an inspiration to us all!

All products Stampin' UP; you can order yours here.

And let's get creating!





No comments: