Sunday, October 13, 2013

A Special Anniversary

Yesterday was the 5th wedding anniversary of my son, Matt, and his wonderful bride, Sarah.  I mentioned in an earlier post that Matt is currently stationed in Texas with the Air National Guard, becoming an intelligence analyst.  He has been gone four months already, and won't be home until Christmas.  So for a combined birthday/anniversary gift, I sent my daughter-in-law to Texas for the weekend (and I volunteered to take care of my two grandsons, ages nearly three and nearly one!--and that's another story!).

So of course I made a special card for them.  I had nothing in mind as I began to create, but was extremely pleased with the end results.  It just kinda happened!

I started by stamping the blooms and stems from Field Flowers on Whisper White, using Old Olive ink for the stems and Daffodil Delight and Pumpkin Pie for the flowers.
Next I inked up En Francais with Versamark and stamped it over the flowers, embossing it with Clear Embossing Powder and my trust Heat Tool.  I finished by sponging the Old Olive, Daffodil Delight and Pumpkin Pie ink, along with Crumb Cake all over the front, and then spritzed it with Smooch Spritz.

Love was die cut from the beautiful Gold Foil paper, using the Expressions Thinlets die and the Big Shot.

This front panel was layered onto a piece of the Gold Foil, then on Old Olive and finally onto the card base of Early Espresso.

Since this was an unusual-size card, I created my own, custom envelope using the Envelope Punch tool, which is super for this task.

All of these items can be ordered here: http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/priscillastamps/

Let's get creating!

No comments: