Saturday, October 5, 2013

Welcome Halloween Decor

What?  It's October already?  I once heard that "Life is like a roll of toilet paper; the closer you are to the end, the faster it goes!".  Well it's scary to think about "the end", but life sure does seem to be speeding by right now!

But (comparing my life to a roll of toilet paper, and always being prepared with another roll in the bathroom) I am ready to face the Fall.

Last year, while participating in a Holiday Boutique Craft Fair, I wandered around the display booths and found a wonderful framed chalkboard with "Welcome" already written on it.  The frame was a bit "vintagy" ( and since my home is NOT "vintagy", a "bit" was all I wanted) and it really made my wallet sit up and take notice!  I had to have it...I mean, I REALLY HAD to have it!  As my friend Karen says, "I really NEED it!".  So...this lives year-round on my entry table, and I've taken to decorating it for the season.

And now, my latest creative "dress up" for my frame:
After holding my "Spooky Banner" class last week, I decided to make a mini banner.  This was such fun!  Using a needle, I threaded each element onto a piece of Linen Thread (#104199, $4.50) and strung it across the frame.  I used some retired Halloween Designer Series paper along with the current Witches Brew (#132185, $10.95), to make some small pennants and banners, adding googly eyes to a few.  The pumpkins were punched with the Extra Large Oval (#119859, $16.95) and 1 3/8" Circle (#119860, $15.95) punches after stamping faces from the retired Carved and Candlelit.  The ghost was punched from the Owl Builder punch (turn it over and snip off the feet) (#118074, $16.95), and eyes were enhanced using a White Gel Pen (#105021, $3.95).  A mini rosette and some ribbon finished it off...I couldn't be happier with it.

What do you think?  Please leave me a comment...I read every one!

Let's get creating!

2 comments:

Karen (karey2005) said...

Cute!! I'd definitely NEED it! The banner is just perfect with that frame!

Stampin' Amigos said...

Thanks, Karen...did you know who I was talking about?