Monday, October 7, 2013

October Card Club Halloween Card

Following yesterday's post, I'm going to show you one of the cards we made at my October Card Club.  Making my little banner for my entry-way Welcome sign put me in the mood to create a Halloween card:
What part of Halloween am I missing?  I've got the candy corn, the Jack-o-Lanterns, the ghost and the bat...This one has it all!

A piece of Witches Brew Designer Series Paper was layered onto the Old Olive base.  I used the Perfect Pennants Bigz L die and the Big Shot to make the Candy Corn base, and layered it with a piece of Witches Brew, Brights Paper Stack (Daffodil Delight) and Whisper White (running it through the Big Shot with the Hounds Tooth embossing folder).  Pumpkins were punched using the Extra Large Oval and 1 3/8" circle punches (hint:  punch three of the shapes, sponge edges with Pumpkin Pie ink, and layer them to create the pumpkin).  The ghost was punched with the Owl Builder Punch, feet snipped off and flipped upside down.  And the bat was created with some nifty trimming from the Elegant Butterfly punch and run through the Big Shot with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing Folder.  A touch of Witches Brew Designer Washi Tape finishes off my card--it was a hit at Card Club!

Want to get in on the fun?  If  you are local to Davis, California, contact me and I'll add  you to my e-mail list of club dates.  Can't make it to Davis?  I'm happy to pack up a set of ready-to-go supplies and you can put them together yourself.  Cost is $15 for four cards and envelopes, including postage. 

Let's get creating!

No comments: