Friday, August 9, 2013

Sunshine?

Sunburst cards have been making the rounds lately, and I decided I needed to try one.  I've got a friend who has been in the hospital for several weeks, and thought she could use a little ray of sunshine.  So here is my card:
This is a fairly easy technique; you just need four pieces of 1-1/4" x 4" paper (I used two from the Brights Paper Stack (#130134, $21.95) and two pieces of Daffodil Delight that I ran through two different embossing folders.  Cut them in half, corner to corner to make long triangles, and add them to a piece of scrap paper, starting in the center.  They'll hang over the sides, so once all the pieces are adhered, turn it over and trim, using paper snips.
Add this piece to a card front; my sentiment  from Express Yourself (earn it free!) was punched with the Word Window Punch and placed atop half of a 1" circle punched from Daffodil Delight. 
I also dressed up my envelope with another piece of the Designer Series Paper--won't that be a nice surprise?

Stamps:  Express Yourself
Inks: Night of Navy (#126970, $5.95)
Paper:  Daffodil Delight (#119683, $6.95) and Whisper White (#100750, $8.50) with the Brights Paper Stack. 
Goodies:  Daffodil Delight Seam Binding Ribbon (#125583, $6.95), 1" circle punch (#119868, $12.95), Word Window Punch (#119857, $15.95).

Let's get creating!

No comments: