Monday, August 19, 2013

Scrapbooking my Grandson

As mentioned in Sunday's post, yesterday was my daughter's birthday.  She and her husband brought their son to visit for the weekend, which was such a joy!  They live about 400 miles away, so I don't get to see my grandson very often.  He's now almost 4 months old and we got to play all weekend.  My daughter-in-law brought my other two grandsons (2 1/2 and 9 months old), and we had a grand time.  How blessed I am to be able to spend time with these boys!

Nathan (the youngest) is in a day care which asks families to provide a scrapbook page about the child.  My daughter was struggling with a concept, so she brought her photos and we had some fun putting together a page. 

 My daughter really wanted the page to reflect "boy"!  Her husband has three girls and this is his first son.  She sifted through my stamp collection and settled on "I Dig You" (retired, but one of my favorite little-boy sets), and we chose bright colors--Taken With Teal, Green Galore (both retired, sorry) and Pumpkin Pie. 
 The dump truck and earth mover were colored with Stampin' Write markers, stamped on Whisper White and cut out.  The "earth" is Early Espresso, torn to look like hills.  The photos were laid out like a "family tree" starting with grandparents at the top, parents in the middle, and sisters next, with Nathan across the bottom.
Like scrap-booking?  I have lots of ideas for layouts and supplies to make it happen.  Stampin' UP also has a wonderful product, My Digital Studio, for those who prefer digital scrap-booking or hybrid pages.  See my website/on-line store (priscillastamps@stampinup.net) for more information and ideas.

Let's get creating!

Stamps:  I Dig You
Inks:  Taken with Teal, Green Galore, Pumpkin Pie Stampin' Write markers
Paper:  Taken with Teal, Green Galore, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White
Goodies:  2-1/2" Scallop Circle Punch (clouds); Typeset Alphabet Bigz Die, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Big Shot; Word Window punch; Stampin' Trimmer; SNAIL Adhesive; Stampin' Dimensionals.

No comments: