Sunday, August 18, 2013

Beach-y Birthday!

So today is my daughter's 30th birthday!  Where did THAT time go?  I can still remember the day (early morning) she was born.  After my husband passed out while I was in labor, I delivered a beautiful baby girl (yes, my hubby recovered in time, and that's another story).  I got just what I wanted, but throughout my pregnancy my doctor kept telling me she was a "he" (we didn't have ultrasounds then, so imagine my joy when the doctor announced it was a girl!). 

Aly is a beautiful young woman, who just made me a Grammy again (her first, my third), giving birth to Nathan (now 3 months old). 

So of course, I HAD to create something special for her...how about this?
 Setting the stage with Island Indigo and Soft Sky, along with Coastal Cabana, Strawberry Slush and Crisp Cantaloupe.  You can almost taste it!

But (wait for it):
 How fun is that?  I turned the Pop 'n Cuts label insert upside down and it makes a "table".  I have been thinking about this for about a week, and had an idea in my head to make a Caribbean Vacation Birthday Celebration.
 Drinks from Happy Hour were stamped and fussy cut, and attached to a strip of Window Sheet, to pop up from the table.  The cake was stamped from Best of Birthdays, colored with markers and cut out, as was the present from the same set.  I rubbed my Real Red Classic Ink pad on my Stripes embossing folder and ran the label through in one direction; then repeat the process and turned the label 90 degrees.  The burlap ribbon was fringed to make the grass skirt, and the palm tree was hand cut and run through the Chevron embossing folder; leaves punched with my oval punch were snipped and added with glue dots. 
Crumb Cake "sand" was stamped with Gorgeous Grunge and a Happy Hour "cheers", and then I added a few of my hand-made shells (Simply Pressed Clay).

I hope she likes her mini vacation! 

Let's get creating!

Stamps:  Really Good Greetings, Happy Hour, Best of Birthdays
Inks:  Island Indigo, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Coastal Cabana Stampin' Write Marker, Crisp Cantaloupe  Stampin' Write Marker, Strawberry Slush Stampin' Write Marker, Soft Sky, Real Red
Paper:  Island Indigo, Soft Sky, Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Garden Green, Early Espresso
Goodies:  Chevron Embossing Folder, Window Sheets, Simply Pressed Clay, Burlap Ribbon, White Taffeta Ribbon, Stripes Embossing Folder, Mini Glue Dots, Dimensionals, Stampin' Sponges, Scallop Punch, Strawberry Slush Ruffled Stretch Ribbon, Candy Dots (Subtles), Deco Labels Framelits, Ovals Framelits, Big Shot

2 comments:

Karen (karey2005) said...

You're right. This is amazing! You are so clever :)

bonniemon said...

Oh, that is super cute, Priscilla! I love the fringe!