Saturday, August 16, 2014

Another Birthday!

Yes, August is a busy month for us.  I've already shown you the wedding card for my niece and my daughter-in-law's birthday card.  Now it's time for my daughter's birthday card: 

I loved this card!  So bright and cheery!

I started with a base of Lost Lagoon, and added a layer of Flower Pot Designer Series Paper.  Those two pieces dictated my color scheme.

A piece of Hello Honey took a trip through the Big Shot with the Large Polka Dot embossing folder.  But I wanted a little extra oomph--so I punched a 1/2" circle in the middle of a piece of scrap cardstock and placed the hole around one of the polka dots--it fit perfectly!  Then I just sponged some Hello Honey ink over the raised area, removed the mask, and voila!  "Highlighted" polka dots!

Now for my tag:  Using Amazing Birthday, I first stamped it on a piece of Whisper White using Lost Lagoon ink.
I then stamped three more times using Tangerine Tango, Hello Honey and Real Red.  Each strip was carefully snipped and added to my tag (Amazing was popped up on Dimensionals after first adhering a thin banner in Lost Lagoon). 

I needed a "topper", so I pulled out my Scalloped Tag Topper punch and punched a piece of the Flower Pot DSP, added my tag, and tied it off with some Lost Lagoon Stitched Satin Ribbon and a piece of Whisper White Bakers Twine.

A cheerful birthday card for my cheery daughter!  Happy Birthday, Aly!


All supplies can be purchased here

And let's get creating!

No comments: