Thursday, August 14, 2014

A Wedding Weekend

I know I've been pretty absent recently, and I apologize!  I've had a number of family obligations, traveling and work issues that have crept into my personal time, leaving me no moments to post my creations.  That doesn't mean, however, that I haven't been creating!  August is a busy month for us.  So over the next few days, I'll be sharing some of the things I've been doing.

First up:  my niece's wedding.  Volney (yes, that's really her name--a family name that my sister has loved since she was a little girl) and Jason chose Sunday, August 10th, for their wedding day.  And they could not have picked a better day.

The wedding was at Calamigos Ranch in Malibu, an incredibly beautiful setting in the Malibu canyon.  The Ranch House site was private, intimate, and peaceful, with it's own waterfall in the background.    My niece made a beautiful bride, and family from near and far enjoyed a lovely evening. 

Of course I had to make a special card for her and her new hubby.  But, funny story, I forgot to photograph it before we left to travel down the California coast.  No problem, right?  I'll just do it in the hotel.  Well, the lighting was completely off, and I had a dickens of a time getting a photo of it that looks good. 

So here it is, but I just have to state that it's much, much prettier in person.  I'll describe the elements, so maybe you can get a feel for how nice it is.

Because I can make my own envelope, I didn't worry about the size of my card.  So I just started Big-Shotting and stamping and waited to see what happened.  I began with a square of Whisper White cardstock, and cut out the center using the Window Frame framelits.  I then cut the "vintage" Lattice and adhered it to the back of my window.

The leaves from Kinda Eclectic were stamped with Smoky Slate ink randomly over the front.  This piece was layered over a slightly larger square of gorgeous Silver Foil sheets.  And then added to the card base of Whisper White.

With apologies for the poor lighting, you'll note the leaves cut with the Little Leaves sizzlet in Smoky Slate.  Pool Party flowers were punched with the Boho Blossoms punch, as were those in silver foil.  These were glued on with Mini Glue Dots and each got a Rhinestone Basic Jewel in the center.

The sentiment from the retired Together Forever (a favorite that I just can't get rid of) was stamped in Smoky Slate, and the ampersand was done in Pool Party, fussy cut, and adhered in the center.  This was all popped up over the center with Dimensionals

Inside, I first embossed a frame around the edge using my Stampin' UP scoring board; then I stamped some more leaves and the sentiment (which was stamped in silver ink). 

A beautiful card for a beautiful bride on a beautiful day...Doesn't get much more perfect than that!

All current items can be purchased here.

And let's get creating!




No comments: