Monday, August 25, 2014

Thinking Outside the (Orange) Box, round 2

So yesterday I showed you the August Paper Pumpkin kit, with samples following the directions.  Today I'm going to show you some more samples--I've been a busy stamper!  This kit really has possibilities.

First up: 
A trio of cards using supplies from the Paper Pumpkin kit, plus a FEW extras.  My Pumpkin Pals will be making this set, along with a cute gift bag for them.  Let's take a look at each card.

Mounted on a base of Strawberry Slush, I cut one of the base cards from the kit in half, and then cut one piece to 5-1/2" x 2-1/4".  This is adhered in the center.  The "Smile" laser-cut card topper is from the kit; I've stamped the sentiment in the corner and wrapped a piece of Strawberry Slush Thick Bakers Twine around it and tied it in a bow.  A few sequins (from the kit) and we're done!

The second card uses the left over 5-1/4" x 2" striped card base from above:
This is flagged and adhered to a Mossy Meadow card base, with the polka-dots (stamp from the kit) in Mossy Meadow.  The only additional piece is the Mossy Meadow Stitched Satin Ribbon, as the star laser-cut card and the banner (with sentiment) are all included.

Finally, a fun Congrats card:
Mini banners are punched from the other half of the striped base card and added to the top of the laser-cut "Congrats" card.  This is adhered to a base of Hello Honey, and the banner is stamped in Hello Honey (included in the kit).

My Pals will also get something extra--a gift bag to keep their cards in:
Again using that same striped card base that we cut in half at the beginning, this last piece is a flagged banner, topped with one of the heart laser-cuts and another banner (stamped in Strawberry Slush).  A piece of Hello Honey Satin Striped Ribbon is stapled to the top, and the tag is mounted to the gift bag using a mini clothespin.
A perfect little birthday surprise for a friend or colleague.

Wanna get in on the fun?  Right now My Paper Pumpkin is half off your first two months (that's only $9.98 a month for all this!).  Click here to join; be sure to choose me as your demonstrator and use the code HALFOFF2.  Don't wait--this offer expires September 10th! 

Let's get creating!





1 comment:

Jessica said...

I think your cards are precious…took me a while to find your link from My Pumpkin Challenge since it took me to your main page, not to THIS particular post but I am so glad I did. Your creativity is inspiring. Thanks for sharing with us this month at My Pumpkin Challenge! Hope to see your beauties again. :)