Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Pop Up Gift Bag card

Last week I showed you an awesome gift card holder, the Pop-Up Gift Bag card.  I promised a video, so I made another sample to show you how it's made.  

Take a look:


Beautiful in Pale Papaya and Granny Apple Green with the Expressions in Ink patterned paper and lots of gold!  

And opened:  surprise!


A cute mini gift bag that pops up!  Just perfect for presenting a gift card.




I first saw this card idea on the Demonstrator Facebook page.  The demo is Jen Morgano, and she has a blog called CardNMum.  I re-sized the card slightly so it will fit in a regular card-sized envelope.  

One note:  in my video I say that the gift bag uses a 4" x 9" piece of DSP, but it's actually 
4" x 9-1/2"; my apologies!  

Take a look and see how it's made:




If you need a special gift card holder, give this one a try.  I know the recipient will absolutely love it!

Product List

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the video. I used small magnets to hold the card flaps together instead of the belly band.

Stampin' Amigos said...

Those little magnets are great! Thanks for another suggestion for closing the card.

Annette said...

Amazing! Thanks for making a video! Can't wait to try it!

Stampin' Amigos said...

Give it a try, Annette; it's really quite easy, and the results are definitely a "wow!".

Anonymous said...

Can you please confirm the size of the gift bag? You mention 4" x 9", but then also say to score at 9". I'm thinking the bag needs to 4" x 9 1/2". Thanks. This is really a fun card.

Stampin' Amigos said...

You are correct - the bag should be 4" x 9-1/2"; I added this note to my page, just above the video. Sorry for any confusion.