Saturday, December 4, 2021

A Cheery Sneak Peek

 I love daffodils.  I think they are SO cheery!  Many years ago, my friend/next-door neighbor's family owned a flower farm in Washington.  And each year she received a full box of daffodil buds, just waiting to bloom.  One year she had so many that she shared with me 4 bunches of daffs; she told me to keep them in the refrigerator, then when I wanted them, to take them out and cut an inch off the bottom of the stems before placing in water.  Imagine my amazement when just a few hours later I had an incredibly beautiful, full bouquet of daffodils.  And I've loved them ever since.

I think I especially like them because they bloom at the end of a long, dreary, gray winter.  Having these bright yellow blossoms around the house makes everything better.

So now imagine my delight when I saw the new Daffodil Daydream stamp set and Daffodil dies that will be released in the upcoming January - June 2022 Mini Catalog!  I actually squealed!  


Look:


OMG, what a beautiful card!  (If I say so myself...which I am 😄)

Just look at the detail:


I cut the flowers using Daffodil Delight and Crushed Curry card stocks, along with Granny Apple Green for the leaves and stems.  They are simple to put together, and the best part is that you get two of the flower dies, so you can make multiples at once!


Note also the stitched border - that's the Stitched with Whimsy dies, and although they don't cut, they make wonderful "whimsical" patterns on your card layers.  


The tag is cut with the Tailor Made Tags dies - the multiple sizes make it easy to add a tag to almost anything!

Although the outside of the card is mostly dies, I stamped the inside with one of the Daffodil stamps and colored the image with Stampin' Blends:


But wait!  There's more!

I first experimented with the stamps, making some mini cards:


I use lots of these 3"x 3" cards to tuck into packages when I mail items to customers, and these came out so cute!

And then:


My 2022 calendar!  I gift these to my December/January customers each year, and I can't wait for them to receive these beauties!


Would you like one?  Simply place an order of $25 or more in the months of December or January, and you'll receive this as my thank you!  

Ahh, daffodils!  So cheery, and these stamps and dies will be available on January 4th for purchase.  

Can't wait?  How about joining Stampin' UP! and adding them to your Starter Kit?  Just $99 and you get to choose $125 worth of product and get FREE shipping!  It's the best deal going!  Click here for more information and to sign up.  


Product List

2 comments:

Geann Kollar said...

Wonderful cards, Priscilla. I love making 3 x 3 cards too and yours are so sweet. Love the daffodil story as well.

Stampin' Amigos said...

Thanks, Geann! I just think daffodils are the happiest flower, and this set of stamps and dies bring me joy.