Thursday, January 18, 2018

A Card Club Favorite

Yesterday I shared this card with you, and noted that it was tied for the January Card Club Favorite.

Today I'll share the other "favorite" card:


Yep, back to Waterfront...not only my favorite new stamp, but now the fav of my card-making buddies!

Now a story about this card...

When I went to On Stage Live in Salt Lake City in November, I made a new friend, Melanie.  She and I were roommates; Melanie is a downline member to one of my downlines, and when she had no one to room with, I offered to share my room.  We had a great time, and she sent me this beautiful card when I got home:


So why am I sharing this?  Do you see something familiar?  I CASED Melanie's card for my Waterfront card.  Can you see it?


Same Thick Whisper White card base; same Burlap ribbon.  I actually had a small Copper Trim bow on my card, but I ran out of it and didn't have enough for my Card Club, so I removed my bow.

I loved how Melanie used cardstock to make a frame in the center of her card.  I chose to create a mini painting using the Waterfront stamp set as my focal point.  And where Melanie used a flower in corner of her card, I did a simple birthday sentiment.

Find a card you like and CASE it (Copy And Share Everything); it's a great way to create something beautiful without all the work.  Thanks, Melanie for the inspiration!



Product List

No comments: