Wednesday, October 12, 2016

No More Christmas Cards (for now!)

Let's move away from Christmas for a few days.  I've been very busy with family events--birthdays and anniversaries--October is one of those months when everyone DID something.  So let's start with a birthday card for my son:

THIS son is in the Air Force, currently stationed outside of Washington, DC.  So of course, it seemed only appropriate that I include the earth and an airplane, right?  And I really liked this color combination:  Dapper Denim and Emerald Envy.

Let's take a closer look at this shaker card:


I started by stamping the stand for the globe from Places You'll Go, using Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Whisper White card stock.  Then, using my hand-held 1-3/4" circle punch, I carefully lined up where my globe would go, and punched.  I also added the airplane.

The globe was stamped with Staz On Black on a piece of Window Sheet.  This was adhered to the back of my white card stock, using Fast Fuse adhesive.  I outlined the globe (on the back side) using Adhesive Strips, then poured in some of the wonderful Green Mica Flakes, before adhering a square of white card stock.

The card base is Dapper Denim, with a layer of In-Color Designer Series Paper.  I took a piece of Emerald Envy and stamped "happy birthday", two stamps from Endless Birthday Wishes (photopolymer stamps are SO easy to line up!).

My shaker "box" was adhered to the front and I added a few In Color Enamel Shape stars in Emerald Envy.


Although this is a standard-size (5-1/2" x 4-1/4") card, I made my own envelope, using the In Color Envelope Paper and my Envelope Punch Board.  Nothing like sending your creation in a matching envelope!

Happy Birthday, Matt!

All products can be purchased here.


Product List

No comments: