Thursday, October 20, 2016

Mummy Treats

OK, time to get ready for Halloween.  I sat down this past weekend to put together some treats for my grandkids.  I had previously purchased some Halloween books that I wanted to send them, and decided to include a little "somethin' somethin".

I had seen a project on Debbie Henderson's blog, and decided it would work well for me:

This really cute tiny box is easy to put together, and I know will tickle the grands.  It uses Jar of Haunts and the coordinating Everyday Jars framelits dies.

This is a side view.

Let me show you how to put this little box together.

Start with a piece of card stock measuring 3-1/4" x 4".
On the 3-1/4" side, score at 1" and 2-1/4".
On the 4" side, score at 1-1/2" and 2-1/2".

On the long side (4" side), cut the score lines to the first score.  Now you'll have a piece that looks like this:

Fold and crease well on all score lines.  Then put it together with a strong adhesive; I used Tombow Multi Purpose Glue:

Start with adhesive on the outside of the two middle flaps.

Fold the sides up; then put glue on inside of the remaining flaps (as shown above) and fold up.

Now you have a little tiny box, just perfect for holding 3 Hershey's Miniatures:

Now for the decorating:  I stamped mummies and eyeballs in the jars and cut them out with the Everyday Jars Framelits.  For the mummies, I stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, then used Ghoulish Grunge to stamp some "gauze" over the mummy, using Sahara Sand ink.

The eyeballs from Jar of Haunts were stamped and then I colored them with various Stampin' Write markers; the "water" was watercolored with an Aquapainter and Pear Pizzazz ink.  Each little box gets two of these images, front and back.

Adhere the images to the front and back of the box.

Add a sentiment with a Halloween Night Enamel Dot, and these are ready to hand out.  Since mine were being mailed, I wrapped them in a 3" x 6" Gusseted Cello Bag and tied a ribbon bow.  Now I know they'll arrive safety and will delight the kids.

All products can be purchased here







No comments: