Tuesday, August 9, 2016

July Thank You Cards

Here's the Thank You cards I made for my customers in July.

Despite my desire to hold out on these thinlits, I finally caved and went for it.  One of my customers had purchased them and had asked for a demo on how to use the Precision Base Plate (a must-have with these thinlits!).  So while showing her how easy it is to use, I kinda fell in love with them.  Curses!

But when playing with my own, I found that I really liked the negative spaces that are left behind when you cut out the flourish.  So for these cards, I centered the flourish on Flirty Flamingo card stock, cut out the flourish, and then mounted it over Basic Black.

Now there is a little caveat to the ease of making this card.  Since I can't do anything the easy way, I first stamped "splats" on the front using Gorgeous Grunge and Flirty Flamingo ink.  Then I "lifted" the entire layer over the black one with a ton of Dimensionals.

And finally, although you can just barely see it here, I cut "thanks" twice; one with Basic Black, and again with retired chipboard.  This gave heft to my phrase and lifted it up.

I finished by using a white gel pen to give my flowers a little focus.

I'm sure you'll be seeing more creations with this bundle--can't wait to try more!

All items can be purchased here


No comments: