Sunday, August 21, 2016

Stampin' - Not Just for Cards

How about a little home decor sample?

I recently had an addition to my family, with the adoption of a new baby boy by my son and daughter-in-law.  This was such a welcomed occasion!

My son and his wife spent the last month decorating a nursery for their new son.  As little Declan came 3 weeks early, they really didn't have much time to prepare, and when they brought him home (2 days old), the kids knew they wanted something special.  So Evan put up some beautiful white, Shaker-style wainscoting, and they painted the top of the walls an apple green.  Christy had found an adorable quilt on Etsy--the colors were navy blue, grey, apple green and white, with little zoo animals.  And they purchased a navy blue crib, and white dresser with navy knobs.  It's a lovely room!

But they needed some things to hang on the walls.  So I went to work...and this is what I made:


I found the frame at a local craft store--it is one of the "floating frames" (so I was able to write a special note to my new grandson on the back).  I also had to purchase a piece of apple green paper (I found both plain and green/white chevron papers), but everything else is Stampin' UP!

The letters are from Letters for You, and I stamped them in Night of Navy, then cut them out with the matching framelits.  I also cut some just in Navy to made a shadow behind the stamped letters.  Then I stamped zoo animals from the retired Zoo Babies set, using Night of Navy and Basic Grey inks.  These were cut out.


I did pull out some "vintage" goodies--the Tasteful Trims die, along with the Zoo Babies stamp set, but I loved how this came out.

I used a piece of Neutrals Designer Series Paper Stack in Basic Grey for my base, and then placed a piece of Night Of Navy Cardstock on top.  Then I just built layers, of the apple green and the chevron papers, adding the letters and zoo animals along with the trims.





We gave this to Evan and Christy the other day, and as we left them, they were looking for just the right place to hang it in Declan's room.

Stamps are not just for cards--try using them for some home decor too!

Most items can be purchased here


No comments: