Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Sale-a-Bration Sneak Peek

It's Sale-a-Bration Time!  Where every $50 purchase gets you a FREE item from the Sale-a-Bration brochure.  What a great time to place an order!

Today I'm featuring a Sale-a-Bration offering called Perfect Pairings.  This cute set of phrases will be popular due to the numbers of reasons to use it--from birthdays, to thanks yous, to celebrations and congrats, this set has the just-right sentiment.  Take a look:

 I need a card for my brother's birthday (have you noticed a pattern here this week?  Yeah, I have LOTS to celebrate in January!) and this set just hit the right note.

I started with a card base of Soft Suede and added a piece of delicious English Garden Designer Series Paper--a piece with a more masculine feel.

I punched a circle of Soft Suede using the 2-1/2" Circle Punch and then cut another piece of the DSP (I love that they all coordinate!) with my Circle Framelits.

For my sentiment I didn't want a plain white background, so using my Aquapainters and some Mint Macaron reinker, I gave it a wash of color, over which I stamped my sentiment using Night Of Navy ink.

Adding a little snippet of (retired) Champagne Glimmer Paper and a Gold Basic Metal Button with some Mint Macaron Bakers Twine (this came in a kit, now retired, but still sitting on my shelf--read about my need to use my stuff here).

A new set, Sunburst Sayings, just having made it's debut in the new Occasions Catalog, had just the right saying for my card.  It's stamped in Night of Navy ink and mounted on a small piece of Soft Suede.

And inside?  Another stamp from Perfect Pairings, along with some dots (Sunburst Sayings).

I'm really happy with the way this card turned out.  Simple and masculine, but with just enough panache to make it special!

What do you think?  Is Perfect Pairings on your wish list?

Supplies can be purchased here.

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog





2 comments:

bonniemon said...

I like it! I was wondering which paper you used for the banner; water-coloring with Mint Macaron makes it gorgeous!

Stampin' Amigos said...

Thanks, Bonnie; just something to remember when a plain white piece of cardstock just won't do!