Saturday, January 23, 2016

A New Little Someone

Do you ever open your mouth and start to talk before your brain catches up with you?  Find yourself offering to help someone, but as you hear yourself talking, wonder why?

I was picking up a fax in my office the other day, and my administrative assistant was at the copier.  She looked a little sheepish and then said, "You're crafty.  Can you tell me how easy it would be to make this card?" and showed me a copy (THAT SHE WAS MAKING ON THE OFFICE COPIER!) of a very simple, cute baby card.  I don't have too many reasons to make baby cards any more.  So as I was telling her how to make it, I suddenly heard myself asking her if she wanted me to make a baby card for her.  Wait...What?  Oh, well, go with the flow...

She was delighted, so I told her to give me a note (mainly so I wouldn't forget once I got home), and she brings me a half sheet of paper with instructions.  "Use gray, or green, or any neutral color; maybe clouds, or an animal (elephant, bear or giraffe), and the names of the couple are ___ and ___, signed 'best wishes' " and her name.  I actually wondered if she wanted me to sign the inside for her?

Well, she's nice and I know she means well, so I got busy today and started to create.  The card sample she showed me had balloons (heart-shaped and normal round ones) with "Congrats" along the bottom.  I used both of those ideas and came up with this:



This is quite a large card:  5" x 8".  (I checked my Envelope Punch Board to ensure I would be able to make an envelope that big--easy peasy!  I can go even larger!).


I started by stamping the balloons from Celebrate Today, using Pool Party, So Saffron, Mint Macaron, Pear Pizzazz and Blushing Bride.  I used the coordinating pattern stamps with Island Indigo (stamped off once), Crushed Curry and Old Olive.  Then I cut them all out with the matching Balloon Framelits.

The background paper is a FREE Sale-a-Bration item--Perfectly Artistic Designer Series Paper.  One side is marbled, and the other side is a soft, watercolor wash of color--in this case a mix of Pool Party and Mint Macaron.  It's layered on Basic Gray, and the card base is Pool Party.


The balloons were carefully placed on the card front and I cut out letters from a retired alphabet Bigz die.  I finished by stamping "Congrats" from Bravo, using Archival Basic Gray ink; this was hand-cut with my paper snips, and adhered using Dimensionals.

A matching envelope using Neutrals Envelope Paper was (in keeping with the theme) stamped with the little balloon from Beautiful Ride.

I really like this card.  But wait!  There's more!  This was actually the second card I made for my colleague.  Come back tomorrow and see the other one!

All products can be purchased here.


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments: