Thursday, December 31, 2015

Something Old, Something New (but NOT something for a wedding)

Confession time:  I have much more crafting stuff than I will EVER use!

Can anyone relate?

Somehow, in my 10+ years as a Stampin' UP! demonstrator, I have managed to accumulate more than I (ahem) "need".  When I first started stamping, I didn't have a huge stash; when I went to a craft store (my absolute fav was a scrapbook store on Cape Cod, Colorful Creations, which, sadly, is no longer there) I couldn't help myself when I saw a cute stamp or some fabulous paper.  I would take classes and buy whatever materials we were using.

But since I was also trying to start my business, I wasn't able to use these things because I couldn't sell them...and I needed to make lots of samples so I only used my Stampin' UP! goodies.

Over the years, these "contraband" stamps and accessories started to get pushed further and further back in my drawers.  And took up valuable space for my Stampin' UP! stuff! 

Enough!  I've decided to start pulling out all my stash and either use it or get rid of it (is that a New Year's Resolution?).  I started the other night with one shelf.  And what did I find?  Some wonderful Stampin' UP! card bases that were part of a Sale-a-Bration offering two years ago.  So I decided to use it:


 Do you recognize that dotted background?  I don't even remember the name of the item, but I really liked those card bases.  There are gold dots along with the colored ones.
And I need a "golden birthday" card for my niece, who is turning 23 on January 23rd.  So how perfect is this?

I started by cutting the original (dotted) card base apart, using just one side.  Then I took the wonderful new dies, Large Numbers Framelits Dies, (**sneak peek**) and cut out my numbers, using Gold Foil Sheets.  So shiny!

Ok, more confessions...the Spellbinder labels are NOT Stampin' UP! dies.  I had purchased those long ago, before we even had a Big Shot to sell, and they've been languishing ever since--but they were perfect for THIS card!  And, oh yeah, one more thing...those gold beads?  Yeah, not SU either; but if I had a gold sharpie, I could have done the same with our Pearls Basic Jewels!  There--that makes me feel a little less guilty!

Anyway, back to the card:

The numbers were mounted on Basic Black, which was mounted to Bermuda Bay; I then scrunched up some Gold Cord Trim and then stuck it all to that marvelous dotted base with Dimensionals.

It's all added to a sheet of Gold Foil, and then a Basic Black card base.  The final touch is some gold stars.

The motto of this very long story?  USE YOUR STUFF!  You bought it because you loved it--so use it!  And go create something pretty!  Then tell me what you did; can't wait to hear!

Happy New Year!  May you all have a 2016 of JOY, HEALTH, HAPPINESS and SUCCESS!   And thanks for stopping by today!


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog




2 comments:

bonniemon said...

Yes, I can relate! And I really, really like that card! I'm hoping to clear out some of my older things soon, too.

Stampin' Amigos said...

Did more work today and found a LOT more stuff! Gotta get busy and use it up. Hope you get a chance to do the same. Thanks for the sweet comment!