Monday, January 25, 2016

Welcome Zoo Babies!

Round two of the baby card saga...(read Round one here)...

I was asked to create a green or gray baby card with animals and/or balloons, so here, in a minor stroke of genius (if I say so myself), is what I did:


I actually thought it came out really cute!  This is a 5-1/2" x 5-1/2" card, with a Basic Gray base.  The next layer is So Saffron, then a skinnier layer of Mint Macaron.

My elephant, from Zoo Babies, was stamped directly on the Whisper White top layer with Archival Basic Gray ink.  The monkey was stamped with Chocolate Chip and fussy cut (OK, I had to do this twice--I was nearly done cutting out the first one when I accidentally snipped off his arm!  Ouch!).  I also re-stamped the elephant's ear and cut it out, using a Dimensional to pop it up.

The balloons are from Beautiful Ride and Party Wishes; the striped one is Envelope Paper.

There is quite a bit of white space near the top of the card; the person who requested this wanted the new parents names on the card, so I created a little banner to place across on a diagonal in the upper left corner.  But just in case she prefers the card I showed you yesterday, I didn't attach it yet.

And of course there is a matching envelope...In Color Envelope Paper and my Envelope Punch Board made the perfect coordinating cover for this cute card.

All supplies can be purchased here.

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


No comments: