Tuesday, December 22, 2015

How to Give a Gift Card

Here's a gift card holder that doesn't quite look like a gift card holder:

My husband bought a larger-than-usual gift card and it wouldn't fit in my normal packaging.  So I used the Mini Treat Bag Thinlits dies as inspiration to create my own bag (without using a die!  What?  Really?)

Using the Merry Moments Paper Pack, I took two sheets of the 6" x 6" paper.  I needed a bag that was 4" wide, so I scored 1" from either edge on one of the sheets, and then cut the other piece to 4".  I also trimmed an inch off the bottom of the 4" sheet.  Then I ran both of them through my paper trimmer with the Small Scallop Rotary Cutting Blade to make the little scalloped top.

I simply folded in the two scored sides of the larger piece of paper, and then adhered the smaller piece to the back.  After folding up the flap it became a bag!  Then I just had to decorate.

Using the Delicate Ornament Thinlits Die, I cut a Silver Foil Ornament and then a Cherry Cobbler embellished one, and layered them on the front.  The "merry" is from the Christmas Greetings die, also cut in Silver Foil. 

A few banners (I used the Triple Banner Punch) and some Silver Sequins were added, and the gift bag was done.

But I told my husband to please buy normal-sized gift cards from now on--so much easier to use the Mini Treat Bag Thinlits Dies!

So what do you think--cute?

Products can be ordered here.



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments: