Sunday, November 15, 2015

More Joy, and a Fancy Fold

If you've been following my blog, you know about my Class that Didn't Happen.  I've been sharing my creative endeavors from that class and here's another.

Using only the Your Presents stamp set, I had designed a class-worth of cards.  This is the one with the fancy fold.

There is one stamp in the set that is a striped rectangle.  I stamped this on Whisper White card stock, then turned my paper 90 degrees and stamped it again, creating this wonderful plaid present.  A skinny strip of Real Red card stock with a bow of Whisper White Bakers Twine finished it off, and it was placed on my card with Dimensionals.

The base of the card is a piece of 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" Real Red card stock.  The next layer is Crumb Cake with a piece of Merry Moments Designer Series Paper Stack DSP.  "Merry" was cut using the Christmas Greetings Thinlits dies and Red Glimmer Paper.

Now this card is more than meets the eye; look what happens next:

and then:


Yeah, this is a triple-layer card.  The Crumb Cake layer is 5" x 8" (with an oval cut on the front) and is mounted on the Real Red base.  Then there is a layer of Whisper White, 4-3/4" x 7-3/4", which is mounted "backwards" on top of the Crumb Cake layer.

The card fits in a standard-sized envelope and is flat for mailing.  But what a great surprise as the recipient opens it--there is lots of room for sending good wishes!

So what do you think?  Wouldn't you love to get a card like this?  Leave me a comment and tell me about fancy fold cards you've made.

All products can be purchased here.

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments: