Sunday, September 1, 2013

A Masculine Birthday Card

It's not always easy to come up with an idea for a guy when you like flowers, ribbons and pearls...but I saw a tutorial on Constantlystamping.com that gave me an idea.  A stamp set I recently purchased but hadn't yet used, Tape It, has a great chevron patterned-stamp. 

Stamping the chevron repeatedly in Midnight Muse and Smoky Slate, I then cut each strip so no white appears around the outside.  Then I adhered them, alternating colors and direction, to a piece of scrap paper, creating a background, that when added to my white card base, made a perfect card for the birthday guy!

Stamps:  Tape It, Perfectly Penned
Inks:  Smoky Slate, Midnight Muse
Paper:  Whisper White, Midnight Muse, Gumball Green
Goodies:  Apothecary Labels Thinlits, Big Shot, Candy Dots (neutrals), Stampin' Dimensionals, Two-way Glue Pen

Let's get creating!

No comments: