Thursday, November 12, 2015

The Class that Didn't Happen

Sometimes life gets in the way...

Those of you who follow my blog know about my recent heartache - my youngest son's family are in the process of moving 3000 miles away, to Maryland.  They left today.  And I already miss my two grandsons (fortunately I still have one more in California, but he lives 400 miles away in San Diego).
Here are two photos from today's journey:

My daughter-in-law, Sarah, with Ethan in the back (with Kaiya).

And Jacob:

 

But I digress...

I planned some Christmas Card classes over the past 2 months.  The intent was to show the versatility of one stamp set with one or two packs of Designer Series Paper.  Last month I had planned to use Your Presents with my favoritest (is that a word?) vellum of all time--Holidays Fancy Foil Designer Vellum along with the Merry Moments Designer Series Paper Stack.  So I worked at a feverish pace to create four beautiful cards, ordered the supplies and then...life got in the way.  I ended up cancelling the class and was left with (in my humble opinion) four very pretty cards that no one will see.

Until today.

I decided it was time to get over my pain of squashed creativity and feature my work on my blog.  So here is the first of 4 that I'll show over the next few days.

Starting with the Whisper White Thick Cardstock base, there are three more layers:  Cherry Cobbler, Mossy Meadow, and Merry Moments Designer Series Paper Stack.  


Using the stamp set, I stamped "joy" in Cherry Cobbler Ink and two rows of the Christmas trees in Mossy Meadow (stamped off once).  This was punched using my 2-1/2" Circle Punch and then I cut a slightly larger circle with my Circle Framelits.  I hand cut the little bobbly thing that holds the ornaments (what IS this thing called, anyway?) and then I added a bow from the Mini Treat Bag Thinlits.

I used the Banner Triple Punch to make a DSP and a Mossy Meadow banner, and the top layer is some really sparkly 3/8" Glitter Ribbon.  (This is MUCH prettier in real life--just couldn't quite get a good photo).

I finished with two Home for Christmas Enamel Dots.

Come back tomorrow to see how I used this stamp set in a completely different way

All products can be purchased here.



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments: