Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Christmas Elves

With my grandsons 3000 miles away, I decided to celebrate the holiday season in a new way...a daily "advent mailing".  I had originally planned to send them the advent tree I made last week (here), but decided it would be too much to try to mail.  So instead I'm doing LOTS of mailings!  Sometimes I just don't know what gets into me...

I have a bunch of small gifts and will be sending something every day.  And of course I HAVE to decorate them all, right?

For the 4th day, I'm sending them some holiday PEZ dispensers.  But look what I did to make them extra special:
I created little elves to add to the packaging.  Aren't they cute?

I saw the elf hat idea on Becky Roberts' blog.  Remember this Santa hat?  Well, this is pretty much the same idea, but instead of just the hat, I added a face.

The Tree Punch without the trunk made the hat.  Then I used the 1-1/4" circle punch with some Blushing Bride card stock, and added ears punched from the Bird Punch.  The eyes are from my 1/4" handheld punch, the nose is punched from the Owl Punch and I drew the mouth with my Project Life Journaling Pen.

It's all put together on a clothespin (on sale now in the OnLine Extravaganza), and then I clipped it to my PEZ dispensers.

I think the kids will get a chuckle out of them.  Don't you?


All items can be purchased here


No comments: